SoulCollage® Circle members, our system has changed! Please click here for new information about logging on and ordering.
In an attempt to keep shipping costs low and to offer flexibility to our customers, we offer a variety of methods for calculating the shipping cost. If you choose "shipping by number of items" or "shipping by weight", we will ship via UPS ground, FedEx ground, USPS Priority Mail, First Class Mail, or Parcel Select, at our option (in most cases we will ship using USPS Priority Mail). If your shipping address for the post office is different from your UPS address, please make note of this and provide the additional address in the Comments section. Also, please include any special shipping instructions there. Except in unusual circumstances we will ship on the business day following the receipt of an order. See the next paragraph for important information on shipping times.
We also offer the option to choose specific shipping options offered by the USPS and by UPS. (These are generally, but not always, available.) If you choose one of these, we will ship by that method. Please remember that your package will most likely not ship until the business day after you place your order. Also, please note that shipping times (especially when using USPS) are not guaranteed. This is especially true for USPS Priority Mail, where the quoted time is only an estimate of the delivery time. Frequently, you will see "Priority Mail 2-Day", but these packages will often take 3 or 4 days to arrive.
International shipments are shipped via USPS International Airmail or Priority Mail International. Tracking is not available on these shipments, and there have been instances of delays in the arrival of packages, presumably due to customs delay in the destination country, and of damage to shipments due to rough handling. Hanford Mead will pack carefully (but not double box) and ship promptly, but cannot guarantee delivery of packages to international destinations. Customers are responsible for any customs or import duties which may be assessed.
Shipping to Canada
We generally ship to Canada using either USPS First Class International or Priority Mail International. There have been reports of long delays in customs (as much as 6 weeks) when shipping to Canada. We no longer ship to Canada using UPS or FedEx due to customer complaints regarding the imposition of Customs clearing charges by these carriers. UPDATE as of September 2014: it has been many months since we have received reports of these long delays, so it may be the bottleneck problem has been solved.
Return and Exchange Policy
We don't issue refunds or accept returns on book and product sales. We will exchange products damaged in shipping if the damaged product is returned to us within 14 days of receipt by the customer.
When you place an order, your credit card or PayPal account is charged immediately. Orders cannot be canceled once they have been shipped. If you wish to cancel an order, please call and email customer service immediately, giving the reason for the cancellation, and we will use our best efforts to cancel your order, assuming it has not already shipped. We cannot guarantee cancellation, as orders are generally shipped immediately upon receipt. For canceled orders, we will issue a credit back to your method of payment, less the amount of any credit card or PayPal charges we incur. To avoid cancellation issues, please be sure that your order is correct before completing it!
Hanford Mead Publishers, Inc. may provide third parties with aggregate statistics about our customers, traffic patterns, and related site information. This data reflects site usage patterns gathered during thousands of customer visits to our Web site each month but does not contain behavioral or identifying information about any individual member, unless that member has given us permission to share that information. We may also provide log files and other databases of user information to third parties for analysis, so we can get a better understanding of traffic through our site and thus improve our content offerings. Hanford Mead Publishers, Inc. also may use third party companies to provide delivery of e-mail newsletters and other messages over e-mail. We may buy and sell business assets and/or divisions; customer information is generally part of such a sale.
We use reasonable precautions to keep the personal information you disclose both in your browsing and your purchases and to only release this information to third parties we believe share our commitment to privacy. However, we are not responsible for any breach of security or for the actions of these parties. All online transactions are made through a secure connection to a reputable payment gateway. No credit card information is stored on our servers. Once a transaction is made, all payment information is cleared from our systems for security reasons.
Obtaining your consent
By using our Web site, you give Hanford Mead Publishers, Inc. permission to collect information about the pages served to you as an anonymous user for the purpose of calculating aggregate site statistics. If you register at HanfordMead.com, you authorize Hanford Mead Publishers, Inc. to use information you provide to personalize the information we deliver to you and to use your demographic information when calculating aggregate customer data. Hanford Mead Publishers, Inc. may occasionally amend this policy. We suggest that you bookmark this page and check to see if it has changed from time to time.
Hanford Mead Publishers, Inc.
PO Box 8051 Santa Cruz, CA 95061-8051
Tel: (831) 459-6855 (But the best way to reach us is by email. See below.)
Fax: (831) 401-2300
Special information for Circle members: The hanfordmead.com site has been redesigned as of August 5, 2013 to enhance the ordering experience for Circle members. Please note the following:
First, we have created a more robust link between the hanfordmead.com site and the soulcollage.com site, so that there should be many fewer instances of accounts becoming corrupted in such a way that the discount does not appear for Circle members. However, the system still relies upon the user logging on at hanfordmead.com using the SAME email address as is used at soulcollage.com.
Second, you will now be able to tell immediately if your Circle member status has been recognized after you log on. Look for the words “Circle Member!” next to your name in the upper right corner of the screen after logging on. If you do not see this, DO NOT CONTINUE WITH YOUR ORDER.
Third, it is very expensive for us to correct, change, or cancel an order once it is placed, and we are now charging a $25 fee for this service, in an attempt to partially recover these costs. This especially includes orders which are placed by Circle members which do not, for one reason or another, reflect the Circle member discount in the order. If the amount of the discount you should have received is greater than $25, you may contact us, and we will refund the amount of your discount, less the $25 fee. If the discount amount is $25 or less, no correction will be made. We apologize for the need to apply the $25 change fee to these orders, but we simply cannot afford to provide retail-level customer service AND provide the substantial discount to Circle members. Part of the deal is that Circle members agree to undertake extra responsibility to be sure that their orders are correct before finalizing them.
Here are important points to remember in placing your order (some of these are new):
1. You must log on to your account at hanfordmead.com using the SAME email address as you use to log on at soulcollage.com. Your accounts are linked, and this is the only way we know that you are a circle member. If you change your email address at soulcollage.com, you must change it to match at hanfordmead.com, and vice versa. The linkage between the accounts is now much better, but you must still use the matching email address for it to work. NOTE: Please do NOT create a new account at hanfordmead.com if you already have one. This will confuse our system and create conditions which might cause your discount not to appear. Please just change the email address at your existing account, if necessary. IMPORTANT: logging in at soulcollage.com does NOT cause you to be logged in at hanfordmead.com. Whether you are logged in at soulcollage.com or not, you MUST log in at hanfordmead.com as described above in order to receive your discount.)
2. Once logged on, you will be able to tell immediately if we recognize your Circle member status. The message at the top right of the screen will now change from "Welcome, Guest!" to "Welcome, [your name], Circle member!" If the words "Circle member" do not appear next to your name, DO NOT CONTINUE. Try logging on to your account at soulcollage.com, then go to the Facilitator Home Page where your circle member status and renewal date are displayed. Please call or email us right away (see Contact us above), and we will fix any discrepancies so that you can order.
3. The Circle member discount no longer shows up as a difference in the price of the product as you place it in the cart. The items in the cart will now show at full retail price, and the discount will show up as a separate line item at the bottom of the cart. You will see it this way also on the Checkout page and the Review Order page. Pay special attention on the Review Order page that everything is correct, including discount, taxes, addresses, and so on, BEFORE finalizing your order. Even if your Circle member status shows correctly as in #2 above, things can still go wrong, so CHECK THIS CAREFULLY before finalizing your order!
4. Newly trained Facilitators take special note: Your Circle membership for one year is included in your Training fee. If you have previously ordered from Hanford Mead, then your account at hanfordmead.com should reflect this new status within 96 hours of completing the Training. However, this will only work properly if the account you created at soulcollage.com prior to the Training has the same email address as the one you have been using at hanfordmead.com. If this is not the case, please change your email address at hanfordmead.com to match the one you use at soulcollage.com (or vice versa). DO NOT create a new account at hanfordmead.com if you already have one, as that will cause confusion in our system and possibly jeopardize your ability to receive your discount. NOTE: if you have NOT previously ordered at hanfordmead.com, then you should simply create an account, being sure to use the same email address as you are using at soulcollage.com. After creating the account, you may have to log out and then log back in order to see your Circle member status. Also, be sure to fill out all of your address, phone, and other account info before beginning to place items in the shopping cart.
5. Please note that we cannot solve the problem by simply cancelling your order and starting over, as this entails the same expense to us as processing the partial refund back to your credit card.
6. We apologize for the need to apply the $25 change fee to these orders, but we simply cannot afford to provide retail-level customer service AND provide the substantial discount to Circle members. Part of the deal is that Circle members agree to undertake extra responsibility to be sure that their orders are correct before finalizing them.